When I upgrade to clamav-0.90.1 from 0.88.7, which klamav-0.38 tells me to do,
I  can't update the database.  I just get an error message "conf file error"
which doesn't help me much.  I've looked at the clamav conf file, but I can't
tell if it has a problem or not.  The same thing happens with 0.90.0.  I
followed the instructions in the emerge output to i. revdep-rebuild --library
libclamav.so.1 (which rebuilt klamav) and to ii. /etc/init.d/clamd restart.
When restarting clamd it complained about being unable to write to the log
file (/var/log/clamav/clamd.log) because of the permissions.  But even after
changing the permissions to get rid of that problem I still get the "config
file error" when I try to update the database with klamav
Somebody on the forums has posted the same problem, but there's been no reply
yet.
I've downgraded back to 0.88.7 for the moment
Anyone know what's going on?
Thanks
Matt
--