On Monday 05 March 2007, "Matthew R. Lee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about '[gentoo-user] quick kmail question':
> When I click on a URL in an email it opens a new Konqueror window.
> However I have it set in my Konqueror configuration to "Open as tab in
> existing Konqueror when URL is called externally"  I've looked through
> the KMail configuration settings but I can't find anywhere to change
> this.  Is there a way?

Oddly enough, I have the same settings and it "Just Works" (tm) for me.
kmail will use a new tab if I have a konq window open and will open a new
knoq window if I don't already have one.

As an aside, it seems that kmail does /something/ to check to see if a
existing konq window is responding -- if I click URLs too quickly, some
will open in an existing window and others will open in a new window (with
multiple tabs in that window if "needed").

I have also developed the habit of middle-clicking links, since I use
kmail+akregator inside kontact and akregator wants to use a khtml tab
inside itself if I don't middle-click.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      ((_/)o o(\_))