This could be because of some dependency shit.

E.g. Apache needs to start up a network interface, or sshd, and such things.

On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 20:34:29 +0100, Samir Faci <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have weird behavior with my net.eth0 service.

I don't want it to start up by default, so I did the usual rc-update del
net.eth0 default and rc-update del net.eth0

it's not listed as a startup service, but still insists on starting up when
my computer starts up.

Does anyone know if something changed in how gentoo handles interfaces?

--
Samir