On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 21:47:40 -0600, Dale wrote:

> OK.  Here's my update.  I changed the config file, the 50-udev.rules
> file, back to the way it was when it was updated.

The next time you update udev, your changes will be overwritten. Changes
should go in 10-local.rules.

> I then added myself
> to the uucp group and rebooted.  Well, my UPS didn't like that one bit.
> So I added nut to the uucp group too.  Then I rebooted again.
> Everything *appears* to be working fine.  Sorry for all the rebooting
> but they are serial ports.

If your serial port driver is built as a module, you can avoid the reboot
by rmmodding and modprobing the driver. The second reboot was unnecessary
anyway, restarting nut should have picked up the group changes.

--
Neil Bothwick