On 3/7/07, Abraham Gyorgy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello again :)

I've switched my networking from wired "eth0" to "wlan0". I'm using
ndiswrapper with Win32 driver and an USB WiFi adapter. Everything is
fine, but...
When I set up my Gentoo installation, I've added net.eth0 to default
runlevel (it provices the networking in the init system). My ethernet
driver (forcedeth nvidia nforce2 chip) is compiled in, using DHCP. All I
had to do is to add net.eth0.
Now when my system boots it is waiting 1-2 mins for DHCP, then goes
forward, but (in the init system) there is no networking, so Samba and
other stuff doesnt work.
I want to replace this thing,

1) ndiswrapper module should go to /etc/modules.autoload folder
2) then wlan0 device appears, I want to do "iwlist wlan0 scan", then
DHCP for wlan0
3) all this stuff should go nice to init system, eth0 should be removed,
so wlan0 should provide the init system with "net".

Now I wait for eth0 dhcp'ing, then modprobe, iwlist, and dhcpcd by hand,
but it is time consuming and not so nice.
What to do exactly guys?

Thanks a lot!