> It appears squirrelmail is installed with the crypt USE flag.  'equery
> uses squirrelmail' says this about crypt:
>
> Add support for encryption -- using mcrypt or gpg where applicable
>
> Does anyone know if that is the gpg plug-in or not?  If so, does
> anyone know how to enable it for use in squirrelmail?

From squirrelmail-1.4.9a.ebuild:

RDEPEND="virtual/php
    [...]
    crypt? ( app-crypt/gnupg )
[...]
if use crypt; then
        docinto gpg
        for doc in plugins/gpg/README plugins/gpg/README.txt
plugins/gpg/INSTALL plugins/gpg/INSTALL.txt plugins/gpg/TODO; do
            dodoc ${doc}
            rm -f ${doc}
        done
fi

So yes.  It installs the g/pgp plugin for you.  I prefer to install the
plugins by hand.  There are just too many plugins and not enough USE
flags.  No problems so far.

Enabling g/pgp plugin is like enabling any other plugin.  Untar into
plugins directory, read the documentation, adjust as needed and run
conf.pl to enable the plugin.

Got it, thanks.

- Grant