Hello,

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 12:38:08PM +0000, Mick wrote:
> I have ticked encrypt to self, so I was expecting that the senders
> passphrase would be asked and the message would become readable in the
> Sent Folder.

KMail is no longer (it is some time already) able to ask for the
passphrase itself, you need gpg-agent properly configured and running.
Other applications using pgp are moving in this direction too (there are
some safety issues with every application asking for the passphrase by
itself).

You probably can find more here
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gnupg-user.xml.

Have a nice day

--
You can fool some of the people all of the time,
and all of the people some of the time,

Michal "vorner" Vaner