On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 06:44 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Hi all,
>    One of my machines had problems with the early DST changes. I guess
> I hadn't updated something. The machine is our Myth backend server so
> it doesn't get as many updates as my desktop machines which had no
> problems.
>
>    Yesterday I *think* I fixed it but I'm wondering what I Can do to
> test that it's *really* fixed without rebooting it. How can I test
> that NTP is working from the command line or with some small app?

Well, are you talking about NTP or your timezone data (NTP knows nothing
about timezones and vice versa).  The timezone data is in the
timezone-data package (not surprisingly).  My understanding is that if
you live in the United States and have any version released after 2005
you should be okay, but you can always see what your time zone data
looks like with the zdump(8) command.

--
Albert W. Hopkins