On 3/12/07, Albert Hopkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 15:33 -0400, John covici wrote:
> I wish you could have an option for portage to stop until these things
> are acknowledged -- I had a 106 package update of which the timezone
> data were a part and I use script and check these little notices,
> however its easy to miss such things.

If that ever happened I hope it would be made optional.  I'm just the
opposite.  I would hate to come back to my system to learn that 105
packages didn't get built because someone decided to interrupt it
because of a change in an /etc/* file. Furthermore, I wouldn't trust
what individual package maintainers thought was worthy of interrupting
my build.  Builds should only be interrupted if they cannot continue.

--
Albert W. Hopkins

I agree. When doing the occasional emerge -e world the process needs
to move forward without interruption.

I am interested however in learning about how to get these messages
logged and sent by email or at least into some file that easy to look
at. I think they already go into the portage /var log file but I find
that pretty tedious and easy to miss messages.

Thanks,
Mark