As far as I know the learning edition isn't available for linux, I might be
wrong.

They do have their commercial version which works great on linux.  Unlike
other company that came out with "linux" versions which turned out to be
re-wrap of their 1.0 release of their software from 10 years ago written for
linux, the Maya software works really well, and it seems very feature rich.
(Not that I can make heads or tails of half the features it has).

Hope that helped.

--
Samir

On 3/26/07, Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sunday 25 March 2007 18:57, Neil Walker wrote:
> Mick wrote:
> > This may be a silly question, but I am trying to understand if Maya is
> > free for Linux - despite it being a commercial product.
> >
> > The License page says that we should go to
> > http://www.aliaswavefront.com/spar to register, but the link is dead.
> >
> > What do you know about this package and the license thing?
>
> Hmm. Autodesk Maya "Learning" (an old version) is free - but only
> available for Windows and Mac OSX AFAIK. Never heard of a Linux version
> - let alone Gentoo.

Thanks Neil,
=======================================
# eix maya