On Wednesday 04 April 2007 15:57:40 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am told the ~ platform is testing.  No it is not, or should not
> be; it is one thing to release new features which may or may not be
> finished, but entirely different to release untested code.

~ARCH is testing, don't run it if you aren't willing to test code and file
bugs.  The handbook is clear on this point.

Its not completely untested code, though.  The developer that marks it as
~ARCH should have compiled and run the program to his or her satisfaction
on
that ARCH.  At that point, the developer can (rightly) feel free to release
the package to those users that have **VOLUNTARILY chosen to test new
packages* by running ~ARCH.

I'm not saying don't run ~ARCH at all; but if you do, you have chosen to
test
the software and should file bugs, even if that takes some time.

> Nazis

Godwin!!

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      ((_/)o o(\_))