On Thursday 05 April 2007 16:37, Uwe Thiem wrote:
> On 05 April 2007, Matthew R. Lee wrote:
> > I've been rumaging around on the internet for the last few hours, but I'm
> > still confused ( a regular condition!)
> > Here's my problem.  I have a video camera (ken-a-vision, 7000 series)
> > which I can attached to my microscope which outputs a standard analog
> > signal.  I want to capture this signal on my laptop and edit the video.
> > What I need is a basic external video capture card that will work with
> > linux. Any suggestions.  Sound and colour are irrelevant as the 'stars'
> > of the videos are both dead and transparent
>
> Does the camera generate a "normal" TV signal (PAL, SECAM, NTSC,...)? If
> so, the WinTV-PVR150 will work.
>
> Uwe
I assume so, the manual doesn't explicitly say so, but it says just connect it
to a video recorder or tv and "away you go"
A quick google and check of my usual computer suppliers here in Chile doesn't
bring up that card.  Does it belong to a generic type?  Will the average
TVtuner type card work along with video4linux ( I guess)?

Matt
--
Dr. Matthew R. Lee

[EMAIL PROTECTED]