Hello!

I have problem using our hp dat 72 in our fileserver. I'm not able to put 72
GB of data on the cartridge, though I set the compression to 1 in the
stinit.def file.
Here is the contents of the config file:
# cat /etc/stinit.def
manufacturer=HP model="C7438A" {
scsi2logical=1
mode1 blocksize=512 compression=1
}

Strange that the writing stops at block 90669441 and because one block means
512 bytes, it seems that I can write 90669441*512=46 422 753 792 bytes
(~46.5GB) on the tape, and I thougth that the capacitiy of the tape is either
36 or 72 GB.

Maybe I should play with the density code parameter instead of the
compression, but I don't know what value I sould set. Currently I'm using the
density code 0x47 (TR-5) (this is the default value).

Does anybody know how to set up the drive to be able to write 72GB of data
onto it?

Thanks for the help in advance,
Istvan