On Thursday 12 April 2007, maxim wexler wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> After running make menuconfig 4x on a PIII,
> re-emerging --emptytree world and either booting to a
> highly unstable system or a maintenance login I feel
> it's time to call on the authorities.

It looks like the kernel can't find the / device.

The whole IDE/ATA/SATA/PATA/SCSI layout hingy changed with 2.6.19, so
first thing to check is that everything you need is actually enabled in
the kernel (yeah, there's some gotchas in there....). Please post
your .config

alan

--
Optimists say the glass is half full,