On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 10:54:00AM -0700, maxim wexler wrote

> I wanted to look at syslog so I did <ctrl><alt><f12>
> as I usually do and found the console completely blank
> -- no login or cursor.
>
> When I try to get back to <ctrl><alt><f1>, it's blank
> reboot where everything's OK again.
>
> I did get a message that my bootlevel...consolefont
> was broken. So I deleted it from boot and re-added it
> to the default level. No good. So I went back around
> re-and-re'd it to boot again. Same thing.

  The only uncommented line in my /etc/conf.d/consolefont is...

CONSOLEFONT="lat1-10"

and /usr/share/consolefonts/lat1-10.psfu.gz does exist.  A couple of
things to check...
1) What exactly is error message at bootup?
2) What does your /etc/conf.d/consolefont file look like?

--
Walter Dnes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
Q. Mr. Ghandi, what do you think of Microsoft security?