Hi All,

First, thank you all for your help!

Now, I am able to use microphone with skype and arecord also recorded my
beautiful voice :)

The question is, how, right? :)

I modified my /etc/modules.d/alsa based on Elias Probst's and Mauro
Faccenda's settings. Thank you guys!

alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-slot-1 snd-card-1
alias /dev/mixer   snd-mixer-oss
alias /dev/dsp     snd-pcm-oss
alias /dev/midi    snd-seq-oss
alias snd-card-0   snd-hda-intel
alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-digout position_fix=1 index=0

This settings seems separate modem and the sound card and the last
option determine the correct type and fixes something :)

I found that, my laptop has two jacks:
one is line-in/microphone, the other one is headphone/spdif output.
My laptop manual says, it has a spdif output: 7.1.
(Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi 1505)

>From alsa-project, there is a nice document:
http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/doc-php/template.php?company=Intel&card=ICH+southbridge+HD-audio+and+modem.&chip=ICH6%2C+ICH6M%2C+ICH7%2C+ESB2&module=hda-intel

In the local kernel directory everybody must have this document:
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/alsa/ALSA-Configuration.txt

It has a part about snd-hda-intel and its options.

And finaly this one also could give some information:
localhost ~ # modinfo snd-hda-intel
filename:
/lib/modules/2.6.20-gentoo-r5pongi/alsa-driver/pci/hda/snd-hda-intel.ko
license:        GPL
parm:           index:Index value for Intel HD audio interface. (int)
parm:           id:ID string for Intel HD audio interface. (charp)
parm:           model:Use the given board model. (charp)
parm:           position_fix:Fix DMA pointer (0 = auto, 1 = none, 2 =
POSBUF, 3 = FIFO size). (int)
parm:           probe_mask:Bitmask to probe codecs (default = -1). (int)
parm:           single_cmd:Use single command to communicate with codecs
(for debugging only). (bool)
parm:           enable_msi:Enable Message Signaled Interrupt (MSI) (int)
parm:           enable:bool

Now I have only Front, IEC958 (???), Caller ID, Off-hook switches in the
Alsa device. Only Front turned on.
Input source is Mic, Capture enabled and setup around 20%, on playback
the Microphone muted.

I did not use the modem itself, but I plan to try it out in the future.
I think, I will start a new thread about Si3054 kind of modem and how to
use it :)
I installed slmodem package, seems working (I mean, slamr module loaded
without problem) :

Thank you again :)
Regards and have a nice weekend!

IStván

--
IT szolgáltatások, alkalmazásszolgáltatás
http://www.osbusiness.hu