On 4/15/07, Norberto Bensa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
deface wrote:
> If you want a new release, just emerge --sync. :)

Not true. 2006.1 doesn't boot on my hardware. I needed to bootstrap on an old
box, then swap hard drives. Not very friendly.

We (I) need 2007.0 ASAP.

Just get any old version (that works), install, and when its all done,
upgrade. Simple as that. I used an old 2005 install disc for an
emergency installation at a friend the other day. The only thing that
bothered me was the GCC upgrade, the rest went smoothly, as all you
need is a sync to be able to install the latest software, upgrade all
packages, use the latest profile, etc.

There's no urgency for a new release, it's really not needed because
of the way Gentoo works.

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil