On Monday 23 April 2007, kashani wrote:
> Tony Stohne wrote:
> >
> > Uwe Thiem said the following on 2007-04-23 17:53:
> >> Just curious: What kind of network (layer 2) is this that allows
> >> an MTU of 9000?
> >>
> >> Uwe
> >
> > It sounds like Gigabit Ethernet to me.
>
> Keep in mind that not all fastE or gigE switches support jumbo
> frames. Additionally not all cards support jumbo frames either though
> you can certainly set them to an MTU of 9000 and watch things break.
Some cards do support jumbo frames, but up to values lower than 9000,
for example I set up a NFS over a gbit link with jumbo frames with an
MTU of 7200 because this was the lower common.

> To the original poster, I'd do some googling and verify that all the
> network cards and switches involved can do jumbo frames and that it
> is enabled on each device as needed.
>
> kashani

Based on my experience I would add to verify also the upper MTU value
really supported.

Ciao
        Francesco

--
Linux Version 2.6.20-gentoo-r6, Compiled #2 PREEMPT Fri Apr 20 17:31:11
CEST 2007