* Jesse Adelman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [07-05-01 14:08]:
[...]
> Any suggestions? When faced with a similar problem in the distant past,
> I've grabbed the old ebuild from CVS for mythtv (and plugins) and put it
> in an overlay, but that seems so inelegant...

You've grabbed the .ebuild for the version that is currently installed
but whose .ebuild disappeared from the portage tree? If so, you already
have it in the /var/db/pkg/ so you don't need to contact CVS. I wouldn't
say that's inelegant because you actually have the track of packet's
version installed on the system.

Anyway, I would temporarily remove media-tv/mythtv from the
/var/lib/portage/world and revert it back after portage's update world.

[...]

--
Daniel Vrcic