On Wednesday 02 May 2007, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 May 2007 19:08:54 Francesco Talamona wrote:
> > After xmms was phased out, I chose to use Amarok. Now that I have
> > listened and rated some thousands of mp3 I would like to be able to
> > rename/move files without loosing rating and scoring information.
> >
> > I'm under the impression that once I did it inside Amarok, but now
> > I can't find anything useful.
>
> Right click on one or more track(s) -> Manage files -> Organize
> file(s) ?

Thanks, man we are getting closer!

I hadn't that option because I never defined a collection, having added
files from time to time.

Still there's something wrong: the option "Edit Tag 'Filename'" is
always shaded.

Furthermore "organize" is trying to create many subfolders, I don't wont
to mess around with the base folder, many mp3 have incomplete/wrong
meta-informations and would end in random places...

FWIW my user have full permissions on the collection folders.

Thanks. Ciao
        Francesco

--
Linux Version 2.6.21-gentoo, Compiled #1 PREEMPT Mon Apr 30 21:45:34
CEST 2007