On 07.05.2007, at 23:13, Richard Watson wrote:

Apart from the obvious comment to buy a CD drive ... Is there anyone out there that has Gentoo 2.6 kernel that will boot of a floppy and can tell me how to do it? The only other command I would need to perform would be
chroot.

I cannot tell you that, but if you can create all the partitions, you can copy the kernel from the livecd (using network, maybe) or any other prebuilt kernel to the boot partition, initialize the boot recort (using grub or whatever) and then boot the system.

You can also plug the harddisk in another pc to do the installation.

Philipp