Since upgrading to eix-0.9.5, eix-sync does not show the packages which
will be upgraded/downgraded. It lists package changes for packages which
are not installed, but does not list those which the subsequent "emerge
-auDvN world" marks as 'N', 'NS', 'U' or 'UD'. With previous versions of
eix, eix-sync listed the changes to packages which would subsequently be
actioned by 'emerge -auDv world'. I have not manually changed anything
in /etc/eixrc but on each update have just accepted the changes
suggested by dispatch-conf. I have looked at /etc/eixrc and cannot see
any obvious variables which control this.