On Wednesday 09 May 2007, Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about 'Re: [gentoo-user] Separate /usr  [was: Clock is way off]':
> Hello Daniel Iliev,
>
> > Some say it gives performance boost (I'm not sure about it), but more
> > importantly it gives (partial) protection from file system damage.
>
> You could also argue that /usr needs the least protection from
> filesystem damage, because it contains no data. /usr can be repaired
> with
> a reinstall, unlike /var, /home or /etc.

That's my view, which is why /usr (fast, RAID0) is separate from /
(containing /etc; RAID6) on my machine.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      ((_/)o o(\_))