A lot of the AMD64 packages are masked as unstable.
There are a lot of stable packages, but there are enough unstable ones
to be a pain. When things are masked, there is a reason.  For instance,
the reason that Blender is masked, is because it does messed up things
to the save files in the AMD64 version.

With any luck, by the time I build my next real machine, many of the
issues will be resolved.  :P  AMD64 is a popular architecture, so it
has a lot of people stomping bugs. ^_^