On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:55:29 +0200
Christian Herzyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Am Samstag 02 Juni 2007 21:53 schrieb Dan Farrell:
> > On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 16:19:19 +0200
> >
> > Christian Herzyk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > starting some time ago, videos that I want to play with xine (or
> > > similar viewers) do not show anymore.
> > > In xine the screen stays blue and I just hear the sound of the
> > > videos.
> > >
> > > I must admit that I have no idea what changes I did last before it
> > > stopped working.
> > > I just know that videos that used to work don't anymore and that
> > > xine-check reports no errors.
> > >
> > > Do you have any idea what i might be or what I could try?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Christian
> >
> > Why not post `emerge -pv xine-ui`?  I would be interested
> > in the use flags.
>
> OK here it is, as well as the output for xine-lib.
>
> [ebuild   R   ] media-libs/xine-lib-1.1.4-r2  USE="X alsa arts
> directfb dvd esd flac gtk mad nls opengl oss sdl truetype vcd vorbis
> win32codecs xv -a52 -aac -aalib
> (-altivec) -debug -dts -dxr3 -fbcon -gnome -imagemagick -ipv6
> -libcaca -mmap -mng -modplug -musepack -pulseaudio -samba -speex
> -theora -v4l -vidix -wavpack -xcb -xinerama -xvmc" 0 kB
> [ebuild   R   ] media-video/xine-ui-0.99.5  USE="X ncurses nls
> readline -aalib -curl -debug -libcaca -lirc -vdr -xinerama" 0 kB
>

> Thanks
>
> Christian

These programs appear to be compiled with different use flags.  For
example, xine-lib has xinerama but xine-ui doesn't.  I don't think it's
likely for that to be the root of the problem, but I wonder whether
support isn't missing in another dependancy.  May I suggest you examine
the output of emerge -pvN world to see whether anything needs to be
recompiled for the new use flags?