Hello

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 08:59:53PM +0200, Benjamin Graf wrote:
>  I would like to know if there is a danger if I use a program during
>  its updating (when I run emerge -uD world for example).

Theoretically, there could be (depends on the software) - some of its
files could disappear, but the worst thing I can imagine is a crash of
the program.

Anyway, I did not notice any such problem and I do update while the
computer is in use. It may be caused by the fact that the program is
replaced quite fast - the only dangerous time could be when the new one
is copied from sandbox to the real system.

As for it - I would not dare it on a mission critical server, but
anywhere else yes.

--
This message has optimized support for formating.
Please choose green font and black background so it looks like it should.

Michal 'vorner' Vaner