On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 18:05:24 +0200
Alex Schuster wrote:

> Arnau Bria writes:
>
> > looking for this errror in google I got :
> > http://gentoo-wiki.com/Talk:HOWTO_CVS_Server
> >
> > which says that I must enable server use flag to prevent this error,
> > but this flag does not exist for cvs
> > (http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml)
>
> Um, it does. Look again :)
> Another method:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ --> grep server /usr/portage/profiles/use.* | grep cvs
> /usr/portage/tree/profiles/use.local.desc:dev-util/cvs:server -
> Enable server support

You're right... sorry!

> I don't know about your problem, but for me the CVS server
> functionality also did not work when I updated a little while ago,
> and I fixed it by adding the server USE flag.

Anyway:

# emerge -pvtD cvs

These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   ] dev-util/cvs-1.12.12-r4  USE="crypt nls server -doc -emacs
-kerberos -pam" 0 kB

$ cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:2401/myrepos
cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from localhost: cvs:
unrecognized option `--allow-root=/myrepos'

>       Alex

Any other idea?

--
Arnau Bria