Hi,

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 10:18:27 -0500 Randy Barlow
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
> > Of course, there's no need to grow the
> > filesystem, but you won't have more space than before because file
> > systems don't usually adapt to partition size.
>
> I am confused as to what you mean here.  It is my experience that
> resizing a file system that has been dd'ed to a new, larger partition
> will cause it to take up that entire new partition (which is
> desirable). Are you saying this is not the case?

Nope, I was merely saying that resizing is *not* a necessity, except
you want to use the (larger) space of the partition. A filesystem
doesn't really care for the size of the partition. That's what I wanted
to express... just that it doesn't happen automatically, and on the
other hand is not necessary in order to use the old data.

-hwh