On Thursday 14 June 2007, Jean-Baptiste Mestelan wrote:
> On 6/14/07, Rudmer van Dijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > hmm, then it really looks like your filesystem is screwed...
> >
> > what filesystem are you using?
> > and have you tried to do a fsck on it?
>
> It is ext3 filesystem ; I have executed fsck on it, which reported no
> errors. It looks like the fs is out of sync with itself : some files are
> listed, which do not really exist.
>
> Better backup that data, and prepare for re-installing the system
> soon, I suppose.

well, re-installation is not necessary: you can tar the contents of the
affected partition, umount partition, re-create the filesystem and then untar
the backup (do not forget to use --preserve-permissions).

if it is your root partition you need a live-cd or installation-cd to
accomplish this.

        Rudmer