Am Freitag, 15. Juni 2007 schrieb ext Alexander Skwar:

> This would (obviously *g*) mean, that kde-meta cannot be installed
> (just as you say). This means, that a whole "shit load" of packages
> would need to be manually installed. And all that, just because you
> don't want one or two packages?
>
> Nah. IMO that's the wrong way around. IMO the correct way would
> be to enhance the kde*-meta packages so, that they support USE flags,
> which allow the user to select what's to be installed.

I completely agree with Alexander about this. Meta (not only the kde ones)
packages should definitely have USE flags.

> I mean, what's the advantage of the kde*-meta packages over the kde
> package, when the kde*-meta require just as much "junk", as the
> kde package does? Hm, really, what's the use of the kde*-meta package
> anyway?

Allow for selective update (kmail-3.5.6 -> kmail-3.5.6-r1) instead of
updating kdenetwork.

Bye...

        Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)162 234 3408
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111