Right I've got skype installed and working, sort of.
If I launch it from the start menu it asks me for my password, which I enter,
It then say "database error" and refuses to logon.
I've contacted skype, they suggested the following:
We suggest you delete ~/.Skype/shared.xml and ~/.Skype/skypename/config.xml
directories.  You have to kill the process with Skype and restart your
computer as well.
It didn't work.
I can launch and use skype from the command line as root, which suggests it
might be a permissions issue.  But the question is where, I've looked at the
group file and I cant see any obvious groups which my user needs to be a
member of.
Any suggestions, as always, greatly appreciated
Matt
--
Dr. Matthew R. Lee

[EMAIL PROTECTED]