On Thursday 21 June 2007 10:01:56 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > > to /etc/portage/package.keywords? No matter what the
> > > KEYWORDS of  an ebuild
> > > are (or aren't) they can be accepted by a proper
> > > entry in  package.keywords
> > > (** if empty)...
> >
> > Not sure what you are saying here. Can you give me the explicit line
> > to add to the /etc/portage/package.keywords
> >

> > confused....
>
> <section-name>/<package-name> * ~* **

* accepts any stable keyword. ~* accepts any testing keyword. -* accepts -*
keywords. ** accepts even if there are no keywords at all (which means
basically anything will be accepted)... I'd never use ** where it isn't
necessary...

> This will make the package visible under just about any circumstance,
> whether it is stable, unstable or not keyworded for your arch.

It's also redundant (in that ** will cover anything anyway)... ;)

> see 'man 5 portage', section package.keywords around about line 330 for
> more info. This feature is relatively new and if you last read the
> howtos some time ago (like me...) you might not be aware of it yet

Only ** was added recently. At the same time KEYWORDS="-*" was banned in
favour of KEYWORDS="".

--
Bo Andresen