Alex Schuster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> What has the hdd temp to do with cpu tmeprature?

[...]

> hddtemp and cputemp are completly and totally unrelated.

[...]

First ... thanks for the other tips..

I think you fellows may have this a bit wrong.  I have three video
editing desktops all running win xp.  On them I use a piece of
software called `Hardware sensors monitor' or Hmonitor.

I've noticed over time (mnths) that when the cpu gets hot, the hdd are
also at elevated temps.  Maybe not critical but well above where the
run normally.

This is on three different midtower boxes, so I have surmized that
although the heating of cpu may not be related mechanically to hdd
temp, in fact they rise and fall together due probably to close
proximity and being contained in same box.

I realize this is not a definitive experiment but for my uses it does
work like that.