On Friday 29 June 2007 07:05, Mike Mazur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I point Nautilus at location 'computer:///' I see my CD-ROM
> drive, my filesystem, a network, and something that says '39.2 MB
> Volume'. I'd like to mount this volume to see what's there but I can't
> because I'm not root.

$ su
Password: xxxxxx
# mount /boot

Just a wild guess.

> Where did this volume come from? How can I explore what's there as
> root? Where does Nautilus look to display the contents of
> 'computer:///'?

I'm not familiar with Nautilus, but Konqueror looks at about:konqueror, which
itself is linked to something else . . . it may be parsing the contents of
lshal, udevinfo, and /etc/fstab, but I'm not sure really.  I've been wondering
about this myself, but haven't come across any explanation yet.
--
Regards,
Mick