Hi Mick,

On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 11:35:57AM +0100, Mick wrote:
> I have no experience with vmware and was wondering if there is an equivalent
> application to allow a MS Windows or Linux machine to run OSX.

You have several alternatives, one of which is to google for Mac OS X on
a x86 - it is possible to install Mac OS X to a PC (and run it natively
as on operating system in itself), though illegal. One of my fellow
students did it and got most of his laptop's hardware to actually work.
Pretty much everything you do to run Mac OS X on anything else than a Mac
could violate the EULA...

You can also try to download Safari's Windows Version and emulate it
with WINE. I didn't try it so far but it could work and you also don't
need to "purchase" a Mac OS X license.

Regards,
        Aleks