b.n. wrote:
Sorry, I sent the mail too early. Two corrections:

b.n. ha scritto:
Hi,

Today, while I was at work, there had been a power failure. My Gentoo box was on when it happened.

I was at work, but the box is at home, so I have no idea of what really happened.

I rebooted a bunch of times, and everytime it behaved like there were no more hard disks. It looked for a bootsector in the CD/DVD drives and in the floppy drive, but behaved like the SATA HD did not exist. I tried to boot a Knoppix and its fstab showed no trace of an hard disk. Even more strange, at startup it

...seemed active, because the red LED blinked sometimes. No strange noises etc. whatsoever.

Thanks again,

m.

I wonder if it reset your BIOS.

--Joshua Doll