pat wrote:
I've used the fdisk, but it's not enough. Could someone
suggest a tool, which can help me to select bootable partition?

I'm not clear on this - did you type 'a' and select the recovery partition to make it bootable? And did you set up grub to boot from that partition? You probably need to use the chainloader command and such...

--
Randy Barlow
http://electronsweatshop.com

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light. Once you were not a people, but now you are God's people; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy. ~1 Peter 2:9-10