Hello David Relson,

> > Because it is hard-masked in package.mask ;-) If you really want it
> > you can unmask it in /etc/portage/package.unmask

> At present, /etc/portage only has package.keywords.  As package.mask is
> not present, it's not hard masked.

It is masked in /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask.

> Unmasking it in package.unmask does the trick.  I guess I had
> package.keywords and package.unmask confused.  'Tis time to re-read the
> man pages.

No, the two are different. package.unmask is used to override the profile
package.mask.

Incidentally, 2.10.0 is out now, but not yet in portage. Instead of
installing the rc, copy /usr/portage/mail-client/claws-mail to your
overlay and rename the ebuild to claws-mail-2.10.0.ebuild.

--
Neil Bothwick

Linux users do it without paying a Bill