Hi gentooers.

I have some trouble with the QTDIR variable of my system.
When I emerge some package that requires QT 3 , the configure scripts
ends with this error:

checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.3 and < 4.0) (headers
and libraries) not found. Please check your installation!

so I found the rigth directory and patch the enviroment with the next
command:

export QTDIR=/usr/qt/3

With this, everything works fine, but i think that a user with less
experience than me, will be fool  this.

..pretending to qt
----------------------
elwood ~ # emerge -pvtD qt

These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   ] x11-libs/qt-4.2.3-r1  USE="dbus doc gif glib jpeg mng
mysql nas opengl png qt3support sqlite3 zlib -accessibility -cups -debug
-examples (-firebird) -nis -odbc -pch -postgres -sqlite -xinerama"
INPUT_DEVICES="-wacom" 0 kB
----------------------

my make.conf
----------------------
CFLAGS="-march=k8 -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"

USE="3dnow symlink -arts audiofile X -eds sse sse2 dbus -emboss firefox
-foomaticdb -fortran gif -gnome -idn -ipv6 -lcms samba lirc mng xml imap
-fam -clamav -ldap nsplugin sqlite3 mysql -pam -static berkdb ssl sasl
dri xface gtk nptl qt3 qt4 hal kde mp3 aac gstreamer mpeg ffmpeg dv dvdr
dvd dvdnav dvdread xine dvb win32codecs jpeg speex v4l ogg vorbis a52
acc alsa mplayer oss esd cdr png musepack musicbrainz quicktime xpm vcd
-kdehiddenvisibility kdeenablefinal usb bzip2 apache2 avahi exif gphoto2
xscreensaver multilib flac mad encode sox cddb directfb xv xvid x264 mmx
opengl nas sdl tcl tk cairo -cups gpm tiff mikmod spell truetype unicode
wifi ao pulseaudio -altivec -theora -xinerama ftp aalib acpi dts
imagemagick"

INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse"
#SYNC="rsync://lx-arnau.pic.es/gentoo-portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.europe.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia vesa"
PORT_ENOTICE_DIR=/var/tmp/portage/enotice/
#GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://linuv.uv.es/mirror/gentoo/";
GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://ftp.solnet.ch/mirror/Gentoo/
ftp://ftp.ucsb.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/gentoo/
ftp://ftp.ndlug.nd.edu/pub/gentoo/
http://mirror.phy.olemiss.edu/mirror/gentoo
ftp://ftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de/pub/Mirrors/gentoo/ "
#PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage/myportage
               /usr/local/portage/musicbrainz-overlay
               /usr/portage/local/layman/php-experimental"
#               /usr/portage/local/layman/kde
LINGUAS="it en"
DVB_CARDS="tda1004x"
LIRC_DEVICES="hauppauge hauppauge_dvb"
ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m hdsp hdspm"
# * LIRC_OPTS is deprecated from lirc-0.8.0-r1 on
#LIRC_OPTS="--with-driver=devinput"
#LIRCD_OPTS="-d /dev/input/event4"
#LIRC_OPTS="--with-driver=devinput"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"