[EMAIL PROTECTED] escribió:
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Henk Boom
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2007 11:08 AM
To: gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 2 to 3??

On 16/07/07, Volker Armin Hemmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
because gplv3 removes freedom?
As far as I remember from when I read it, it does not take any freedoms which the previous versions did not intend to. The purpose of the GPL is to protect the 4 freedoms. This instalment just closes loopholes in the previous versions which would allow these freedoms to be infringed upon.

    Henk Boom
--

The four freedoms:
Freedom 0: The freedom to run a program for any purpose.

Freedom 1 is just as important as the other three. Freedom one is almost eliminated in GPLv3. Freedom One is the freedom that was
most whole heartedly expressed in the original manifesto.

Freedom 3 is the one that GPLv3 is making most important now.
It does so to the detriment of the other three.

I'm not very into licenses and hence my question may seem evident (or even stupid) but still... does not Freedom 3 imply Freedom 1? I mean, how can you improve a program without being able to study it?