On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:51:06 -0500, Samir Faci wrote:

> It seems like the cleanest solution.  if I run emerge -uDN (etc) world
> it just keeps pulling X and other crap I removed, and since 80% of
> what's on the machine it unneeded, a fresh start wouldn't hurt.

Add --tree --verbose to the emerge command and see what's pulling X back
in. It is probable that either you have overlooked a USE flag or that
your have something in your world file that requires X.

--
Neil Bothwick

Ninety-Ninety Rule Of Project Schedules - The first ninety percent of
the task takes ninety percent of the time, and the last ten percent
takes the other ninety percent of the time.