On Wednesday 18 July 2007, Stroller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about 'Re: [gentoo-user] 2 to 3??':
> However, this is not the point.
>
> The point is that Tivo SOLD people hardware

This is the salient point for me, too.  If hardware was still owned by TiVo
(in reality, not just in name) I'd have no problem with them deciding what
can run on it and taking steps to prevent tampering.

I'm not sure Stallman would agree with me -- users may or may not own the
device their software runs on, and Stallman is all about users.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      ((_/)o o(\_))