On 7/20/07, Alex Schuster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi there!

Any idea why emerge --depclean wants to remove
app-shells/bash-completion-config? It it needed by some installed
packages:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ --> equery depends app-shells/bash-completion-config
[ Searching for packages depending on app-shells/bash-completion-config...
]
app-editors/vim-7.0.235 (bash-completion?
app-shells/bash-completion-config)
app-editors/vim-core-7.0.235 (bash-completion?
app-shells/bash-completion-config)
app-misc/figlet-222 (bash-completion? app-shells/bash-completion-config)
app-portage/genlop-0.30.7 (bash-completion?
app-shells/bash-completion-config)
app-portage/udept-0.5.99.0.2.95-r1 (bash-completion?
app-shells/bash-completion-config)
dev-util/subversion-1.3.2-r4 (bash-completion?
app-shells/bash-completion-config)

I have the bash-completion USE flag set, so why does emerge --depclean
want to remove this package? I also tried dep -a -d
(from app-portage/udept), it also wants to remove it.

My system is up to date, I did emerge -NuD world and revdep-rebuild.

This is no big problem of course, I am just curious and would like to
understand what is going on.

I don't know any of the details, but I can report this: my system is also
clean,
has the bash-completion USE flag, and does _not_ have the bash-completion
package installed.  Everything seems to work just fine.

Moreover, I use the "bash themes" from Linux Journal of a year or so ago,
which relies heavily on the "complete" builtin.

So you have to ask yourself what capability are you missing that you want?

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD