A. R. wrote:
On 7/27/07, Florian Philipp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi!

I need a way to use Napster or iTunes on Linux. (I don't like DRM but it's not
my PC and not my decision)

I think my best bet would be a virtual machine with Windows 2000 (I can spare
the licence). The PC is an older AMD64 without AMD-V. Therefore I need
something that

a) is free or at least not expensive
b) works without AMD-V and Intel-V
c) works with Win2k
d) simulates a CD recorder for burning the music (or do you know a better way
to get rid of DRM again?)

I hope my English was good enough to explain myself and you can help me.

Thanks in advance!

Florian Philipp

The only thing I can think of is "wine" (an emulator), which is in the
portage tree:

emerge -va wine

After that, there is a very good site for using wine with several programs:
http://frankscorner.org/

I know nothing on how to avoid all that DRM fiasco.

HTH

- AR

There's vmare, kvm, qemu?, and xen that I can think of right off the top of my head. Wine might work but I wouldn't bet on it.

--Joshua Doll