On Friday 10 August 2007 15:43, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:

> > > So it seems that it is safe to delete them ...
> >
> > Thanks Marc.
>
> Might by wise to check that this wasn't caused by a full disk though..

Thanks.  I think that some weeks ago I had a corrupt /usr/portage partition
(or was it a /var/tmp partition?)  I sorted that out with
reiserfsck --rebuild-tree.  I can't remember running out of space (on this
machine).

How would running out of space cause this and what is the implication of
deleting these two files?
--
Regards,
Mick