On Saturday 11 August 2007 10:38:59 Thufir wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 01:29:56 +0200, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
> > Why are you pasting things from the bottom level of your profile? You
> > should really read the handbook...
>
> I don't know what you mean by the "bottom level" of my profile.  You mean
> text files?

/etc/make.profile is a symlink to your profile(which stacks). You can type
`ls -ld /etc/make.profile` to see this. Neither you or ufed should touch any
of the contents of your profile. Any changes you or ufed make to your profile
will be erased on your next `emerge --sync` as it's located in your tree (by
default that's /usr/portage). You don't really need to know what it means
that it stacks!

Oh, and you find the above mentioned handbook at [1]. Read it!

[1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/

--
Bo Andresen