On 8/12/07, Naga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sunday 12 August 2007 11:39:43 Dale wrote:
> > Same here on both problems.  Is this a bug since several have ran into
> > this?  Also, I have some Gnome stuff as a dependency but I use KDE.
>
> From the ebuild....
> ewarn "Please note that the soname of the library changed!"
> ewarn "If you are upgrading from a previous version you need"
> ewarn "to fix dynamic linking inconsistencies by executing:"
> ewarn "revdep-rebuild -X --library libexpat.so.0"
>
> --
> Naga

Thanks to all that answered. I ran the command:

revdep-rebuild -X --library libexpat.so.0

which rebuilt 22 packages. When finished I started the emerge -DuN
gnome operation which got past the problems in the title of this
thread and is not on package 15 or 56 so things are proceeding.

I suspect I will probably want to do a revdep-rebuild on the whole
machine when all of this is behind me and clean up any other problems
left hanging around.

Cheers,
Mark