070813 Philip Webb wrote:
> I now have (via a line in  .bashrc ):
>
>   LANG=
>   LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"  ... snip ...
>   LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
>
> There's no difference in the headers.
> It occurs to me that I'm running Mutt via 'konsole -e mutt',
> which is restarted automatically by KDE .
> I did restart X & thereby KDE & Konsole+Mutt ,
> but just possibly that won't use  .bashrc : any thoughts ?

Yes, I know, I should have started there (grimace):
I checked the Gentoo dox re 'locale'
& was told to login again before restarting X ,
which I did with the following result :

Moreover, the e-acute now appears correctly in Most ,
which I use as pager with Mutt !  So progress, but comments still welcome.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]