On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 08:19:17 -0700
James Ausmus wrote:

> On 8/13/07, Arnau Bria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 07:18:49 -0700
> > James Ausmus wrote:
> >
> > > On 8/13/07, Arnau Bria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > [...]
> > > Just a stab in the dark - do you have your cron service running?
> > > Can you test that it properly runs other cron scripts?
> > Yep, cause I have 5 gziped log files, so I works until the fifth
> > file...
>
> Have you verified it? If you do a
>
> ps -elf | grep -i cron
>
> Is there a /usr/sbin/cron listed?
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ ps -elf | grep -i cron
5 S root      7880     1  0  76   0 -   540 -      01:42 ?        00:00:00
/usr/sbin/cron

> Just because it worked before doesn't mean it didn't die since. :)
Well, in fact is a problem that has repeated so many times that I have
to find a solution...I've asked in some list, and got no solution...

So, it's not first time.

> I've discovered (many times, the hard way, over and over ;) that it is
> unwise to make any assumptions when troubleshooting issues - if you
> do, then you can be very far down a complicated road to resolution
> when you discover it is a very basic issue that would have taken 10
> seconds to fix. :)
Yep, sometimes is just you have your network wire unplugged...  ;-)

> -James
Thanks for your help.

--
Arnau Bria