Hi,
On (13/08/07 23:59) Allan Gottlieb wrote:
> At Tue, 14 Aug 2007 05:49:20 +0300 Rumen Yotov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> I really need some gnome apps (especially gnucash for my checking acct
> >> and evolution for my schedule).  I have plenty of data backups but no
> >> backup machine.  A reinstall is possible, but of course painful.  I
> >> could start
> >>
> >>    emerge -e world
> >>
> >> I would just like some agreement that this is not likely to make
> >> things worse.  Currently with emacs and firefox, I can read/send mail,
> >> and prepare and view my (html) class notes.  So I do have something to
> >> lose.
> >>
> >> Hopefully someone will give us some help; this group is very good for
> >> that.
> >>
> >> allan
> >> --
> >>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does revdep-rebuild report something to rebuild ?
>
> No.  Revdep-rebuild is clean.
>
> > Could try with previous version (of revdep-rebuild), check the ebuild.
>
> Was revdep-rebuild just upgraded?  Do you have a particular version
> you thing I should use?

This is the latest (testing) version of gentoolkit:
pkg_postinst() {
echo
ewarn "This version of gentoolkit contains a rewritten version of"
ewarn "revdep-rebuild. If you encounter issues with the new version,"
ewarn "The previous version can be found at:"
ewarn "/usr/lib/gentoolkit/bin/revdep-rebuild"
So check with this previous version.
> >>From my side new expat-2.0.1 on two machines, no big problems so far.
> > But i check with check_linkage.rb script (from paludis).
>
> I still use portage and don't want to switch while something is not
> working.

Ok